Remodeling Services by Realty Resurrections
“Choosing a Contractor”
Choosing the right contractor isn’t as simple as picking up the phone book. They will be working in your home, so you’ll want to make sure you choose wisely the first time. Contacting the local or state consumer protection agency is a good place to start. The Maryland Home Improvement Commission @ www.dllr.state.md.us/pq/ can verify if your contractor has the appropriate license(s) and a clean record. Ask for references and talk to the contractor’s customers. Some questions you may want to ask include:
- Would you hire this company again?
- Did the contractor and crew maintain a neat work site?
- Did the crew show up on time? Were you pleased with their work style?
- Was your project completed on time and within the budget?
- Was the contractor easy to talk to and did he or she keep you informed as the job
Find out if the contractor:
- Maintains a permanent mailing address, a phone number, and a pager or answering system? You want to be able to reach your contractor quickly and easily.
- Maintains solid relationships with experienced trade contractors (such as plumbers and electricians) and work with them as a team to keep your job running smoothly?
- Carries insurance that protects you due to property damage or job site injuries?
- How long has the contractor been in business? Longevity usually means stability.
We are proud that Realty Resurrections has never had any complaints filed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission, Montgomery County Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, or any other regulatory agencies. We are a trusted contractor, licensed, insured, bonded and recommended. We work with the same plumbers and electricians on each project, and have done so for the past 12 and 19 years, respectively. We add our customers as additional insureds to the Certification of Insurance, if requested.